Saturday 14 July 2012

So...another miserable day! Was thinking about going to the Medieval Fayre in Tewkesbury which is supposed to be excellent but the miserable, grey, cloudy day has put me off so we went to Asda for comfort food instead.  Yesterday, I held the weekly Crochet Club at mine, which for a non-cook like me can be a bit scary when everyone else is a superb cook and they knock up things like authentic Paella in an instant or some wonderous salad. Grrr. However, yesterday I think I surpassed myself! With a little help from my friend Terri, or supervision as she calls it, I knocked up an amazingly light and fluffy victoria sandwich cake. My first ever cake I have made. Go me! Here is a pic - hope your impressed!



And not only did I make the cake (with a little supervision!), I also made a roquefort and pear salad which, if I do say so myself, was very nice. Unfortunately I let the side down by shoving some un-homemade pizza and garlic bread at them. But hey, little steps.  I guess the truth will be in the cake if, and when, I make it without my friend Terri there.  Watch this space! 

No comments:

Post a Comment